PetGuide Sponsors A Fur-Raising Halloween Costume Contest
Halloween is one of our favorite times of the year. And to celebrate, we’re sponsoring a Fur-Raising Halloween Costume Contest on eight of our dog forums.
The PetGuide.com community is a tight-knit group of pet lovers, and we’re proud to be a part of it. So we’re sponsoring a contest on eight of our dog-breed specific forums:
If you own one of these breeds (even a mix that includes the breed), you’ll want to head over and join the forum. It’s free to join, and you’ll be connected to a passion community that loves the breed.
For our Fur-Raising Halloween Costume Contest, every forum user is allowed to submit one photo for the contest of their dog wearing costume. You’ll then be allowed to vote on the photo of your choice. Winners are determined by the three users who receive the most votes in each of the forum (there are 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize).
The contest runs from September 29, 2014 to October 31, 2014. From September 29 to October 12 (11:59pm EST), the contest is open for photo submissions on each of the forums listed above (click on any of the links to be taken to the forum). Forum members can then vote for their favorite picture from October 13 (12pm EST) to October 19 (11:59pm EST). On October 20, winners will be announced in each of the communities.
Each of the 1st place winners from the eight forums will then battle it out for best of Halloween breed on PetGuide.com for the Grand Prize. Then everyone will be able to vote for who they think should crowned from October 20 to October 30. The grand prize winner will be announced on October 31.
Here’s what the winners in each of the forums will receive:
1st Place: 1 Canada Pooch winter jacket (Choice of NORTH POLE PARKA, EVEREST EXPLORER VEST or WINTER WILDERNESS JACKET) starting at $39.99, 1 goDog Black Dragon plush toy ($10-$15), 1 PetGuide.com poop bag dispenser.
2nd place: goDog Black Dragon plush toy ($10-$15), 1 Hear Doggy Martian ($13.99 to $16.99), 1 PetGuide.com poop bag dispenser.
3rd place: 1 PetGuide.com poop bag dispenser, 1 PetGuide.com leash.
The 1st Place winner from each community will be featured on Petguide.com where anyone can vote for a winner of the Grand Prize. The prize will be a Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain by PetSafe ($99.99).
goDog Dragons: Made with bubble plush and lined with Chew Guard Technology, these toys stand up to tough play. Two sizes available: Small toys have squeakers, large toys have grunters.
Hear Doggy Martian: Hear Doggy Martians give your pet the same sensation and enjoyment of traditional squeaky toys without the irritating noise! Each Hear Doggy! squeaker is out of human hearing range, but still fun for your four-legged friend.
Petsafe Drinkwell Pagoda Fountain: The Pagoda porcelain fountain continuously recirculates 70 ounces of fresh, filtered water. The ceramic design is easy to clean and looks great in your home. The upper and lower dishes provide two drinking areas for pets, and the patented dual free-falling streams aerate the water for freshness, which encourages your pet to drink more. The Pagoda Fountain continuously recirculates and filters your pet’s water, keeping it cleaner and fresher than a normal water bowl.
PetGuide.com poop bag dispenser: Poop-bag dispenser equipped with handy flashlight. Adorned with PetGuide.com logo.
PetGuide.com leash: Sturdy, high-quality leash, emblazoned with PetGuide.com logo.
- Every forum member is only allowed to submit ONE photo for the contest. If you submit more than one photo for the contest, we will only consider the FIRST photo you submitted.
- In order to enter the contest, you must submit a photo of your dog wearing costume. The photo can be a current one or one that was taken in the past.
- If you have more than one dog, you are welcome to gather them together in costume and submit ONE picture of them together.
- By submitting a photo in this contest, you are agreeing to give PetGuide.com and this forum permission to post the photo you submit (whether you win or not) on our social media accounts and on Petguide.com in conjunction with news about the contest.
- The photo MUST contact an image of your dog(s) in a costume. Photos that do not meet these criteria will NOT be considered for voting.
- Winners are determined by the three users who receive the most votes (1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place).
- Must be a resident of US, Canada or United Kingdom.
We’ll let you know when we’re ready to pick a grand prize winner, so you can vote on PetGuide.com.