Email a Friend
Easy-Peasy Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe
Photo GallerySorry there are no photos!
An Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe That Will Set Your Dog’s Tail Wagging!
Dogs flip out for peanut butter. What’s not to love – it’s tasty, it sticks to the roof of your mouth and it’s full of om nom nom goodness. If you’re like me, you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, but you want to bake your pooch up some yummy treats he’d learn a new trick for. When we can across the Easy-Peasy Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe, I knew it was right up our alley (in regards to skill level). We tested this one out on our happy little test dog, Oscar, and he couldn’t get enough of them. And I liked it because it’s easy to make and features healthy ingredients.
An easy-to-make treat your dog will love!
Easy-Peasy Peanut Butter Dog Treats (makes about 3 dozen)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup smooth natural or organic peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water or 1 cup skim milk
- Optional: 1 egg (Oscar loves eggs, so I put one in – plus it’s awesome for a shiny coat)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Mix together the flour and baking powder in a big bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter and hot water until smooth. Slowly add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water or milk if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
4. Place onto your counter and roll to 1/4″ thickness.
5. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool, and then let the begging begin!
If you try your hand at this Easy-Peasy Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipe, let us know how it goes. I used dog bone cookie cutters to make them extra cute! Upload pictures of your treats on our Facebook page or tell us how they turned out by leaving a comment down below. And if you have any suggestions on how to make this recipe better, please leave a comment!