DIY Decorative Dog Dish Towels
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to make your own decorative dog dish towels. They do more than just dry dishes – they also make a fashion statement!
A thoughtful gift – for someone else or for yourself. Design them anyway you want, you can’t go wrong. Pick a breed and paint them on a dish towel. It’s a wonderful way to add whimsy to your kitchen while declaring to all those who enter that you are a dog person.
To make these do it yourself decorative dog dish towels, you’re going to need to visit the dollar store. That’s where I got the bulk of my supplies; I did have to visit my local craft store for the fabric paint.
- Cotton dish towels (look for ones that are plain or have minimal design)
- Dog stencil (Plenty of choices to download online)
- Scissors or X-acto knife
- Non-toxic fabric paint
- Sponge or paint brush
Before you get started:
- Iron your dish towels if they’re wrinkled.
- Work on a flat surface, such as a countertop or table.
- Place a piece of paper between the surface and your dishtowel. This will make sure the paint doesn’t leak onto your furniture.
DIY Dog Dish Towel Instructions:
- Download a stencil and print out on heavy stock paper. Cut out the design using scissors or an x-acto knife.
- Place the stencil on top of your tea towel. Using your paint brush or sponge, fill in the stencil with paint. Press down on the sides of the stencil so that the paint does run. As well, start with a light touch on the paint, especially around the lines of the stencils.
- Lift the stencil straight up and let dry. Repeat steps two and three until your vision has been completed!