Family Dog’s Cancer Turns Out To Be Delicious Teddy Bears
A family got the surprise of their life when they learned their St. Bernard’s stomach cancer was actually four teddy bears the dog had eaten.
No pet owner wants to hear ‘cancer’ when it comes to their beloved furbaby. That was the case when Jane Dickinson from the U.K. took her dog to her local vet when her eight-year-old St. Bernard Maisy seemed sick.
Maisy was not acting herself, and when Dickinson took her for a CT scan, Maisy’s stomach was what they considered to be ‘unusually fully’ full stomach, and they saw ‘masses’ on her spleen. The veterinarian told Dickinson it looked like it was most likely cancer.
When veterinarian Nick Blackburn went to operate to remove the ‘cancer,’ he was shocked to find four stuffed teddy bears that belonged to the Maisy’s chihuahua siblings. Dr. Blackburn said that he went into the operation expecting to find something very different. That Maisy managed to devour four full stuffed teddy bears was quite the feat, he believed.
Maisy’s mama said that Maisy likes to steal their Chihuahuas’ toys and play with them, but she had no idea that Maisy even chewed on them, much less ate them! Dickinson said that she seemed like she was eating normally, and only took her to the vet because of lethargy.
Now that the teddies have been removed, Dickinson said that Maisy seems like she’s been given her youth back and is loving her recovery life. Dr. Blackburn said that Maisy’s made a full recovery, and just to be sure, they did request a histology report, but it showed absolutely no signs of cancer.