Top 5 Wacky Wisdom Panel Mixed Dog Breeds
There are millions of mixed-breed dog owners in North America, so there’s a good chance you’re the pet parent to one of these unique mixed-breed dogs. Since Wisdom Panel is launching the next evolution of the canine DNA test, that got us to thinking: Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could take some of these dog breeds and mix them up into unexpected pairings? So that’s just what we did—and we’re excited to share these Top 5 Wacky Wisdom Panel Mixed Dog Breeds with you!
Do you think that you’re sharing your home with one of these breeds… or better yet, a rare and exotic mix that’s unique only to her? Find out what cool hybrid your truly individual dog is. Not just for the bragging rights to a one-of-a-kind pup, but more importantly, so you can be a better pet parent by providing the best possible medical, behavioral and nutritional care that your dog deserves. Understanding the breeds in your mixed-breed dog gives you:
- The ability to develop a training program that works with your dog’s natural instincts (breeds) and gives you a better understanding of her behavior characteristics.
- The tools to develop a nutritional plan for breed-specific needs and/or achieving/maintaining healthy weight.
- Assistance in determining what the adult size of your dog might (or should) be.
- A deeper understanding of the breeds found in your dog’s background, in order to look out for any breed-specific health concerns or common issues.
- Screening results for the MDR1 genetic mutation to share with your vet.
For more information or to purchase a Wisdom Panel test ($84.99 USD), visit them online at www.wisdompanel.com.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic