Cherry Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe
When you want to bake up a treat that’s easy and healthy, these homemade dog treats check all the right boxes.
We’re all busy. But as pet parents, we want to make sure that everything that our dogs put in their mouths are good for them. That’s why we love this Cherry Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe. With only four ingredients, these treats only take 15 minutes to bake. That means that your dog will have them in their mouth in no time flat!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup pitted and chopped tart or sweet cherries
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Once dough is well mixed, place on floured surface and roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut using cookie cutters and place cut outs onto baking sheet.
4. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool for 1-2 hours.
6. Store in an air-tight container and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic