DIY Pet Stain and Odor Remover
This DIY pet stain and odor remover is easy to make and incredibly cheap- but it will work wonders when it comes to cleaning up after your messy pet.
It’s no secret that a big part of being a pet parent is cleaning after your pampered fur baby. Whether you have a cat, a dog, a bunny, or any other type of pet, you’re probably always on the lookout for efficient and cheap cleaning solutions that would eliminate unpleasant smells or stains your pet left behind. Luckily, there’s an easy-to-make, cheap DIY cleaner that will work on carpets or furniture- it removes both the stains and the smell.
So grab the supplies and get ready to rock spring cleaning with just 3 simple ingredients!
What You’ll Need
- 250 ml hydrogen peroxide
- a couple of drops of dish detergent
- 1 heaped teaspoon of baking soda
- plastic or glass spray bottle
- Mix all ingredients in a spray bottle, shake for a minute or two until it foams and looks like all is homogenous.
- Spray the mixture on the stain and leave to dry. In most cases, once dry, you will see dried remnants of baking soda- don’t fret, simply vacuum it all up.
- The mixture should not be stored, as the buildup of oxygen can result in the spray bottle exploding. Double or half the ingredients to tailor the amount of the cleaner you need for one use.
- This DIY pet stain and odor remover is fantastic for textiles such as rugs and even some types of furniture. However, to make sure you don’t ruin your precious possessions, spray a small amount first to see how the material reacts.
- Pro tip: In case you are cleaning a urine stain from carpet and want to both make everything spotless again and discourage your cat or dog from going potty in the same place again, add a drop or two of citrus essential oil to the mix. In most cases, the strong scent of lemon/orange will be repelling to your pet.
Happy spring cleaning, pawrents!