Frozen Cucumber and Watermelon Recipe
Is your dog feelin’ hot, hot, hot? It’s time to cool down with a frozen treat that’s both nutritious and delicious!
Do you reach for a slice of cucumber when it’s hot and you’re feeling peckish? We thought so, which is why we decided to make some healthy frozen cucumber treats that are perfect for dogs. Cucumbers are 96 percent water, making them ideal hydrating treats for dogs. This low-calorie veggie is packed with vitamin K, which keeps your dog’s bones strong. Plus, cucumbers have phytochemicals and phytonutrients that help fight bad breath. Paired with sweet watermelon, this is the perfect summer treat!
1 ½ cup cucumber, chopped
1 cup seedless watermelon, cubed
1 cup yogurt, plain
- Cut up the cucumber. No need to peel, it includes plenty of nutrients.
- Cut the watermelon into cubes, remove seeds (if necessary) as well as the rind.
- Place cucumber, watermelon, and yogurt into blender.
- Blend ingredients for about 60 seconds.
- Place silicone molds on baking sheet – this will keep them steady and secure in the freeze.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds and place in freezer overnight.
- Pop out frozen treats and serve to your good dog.