Cranberry Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe
We love cranberries – there are so many benefits of this fruit for dogs. That’s one of the reasons why we love to make this Cranberry Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe.
Cranberries are synonymous with the holiday season. They are a tart treat that goes well in sauces, pastries, and so much more. And we’ve put them in our Cranberry Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe. Perfect for the holidays – or any time, really – these homemade dog treats will have your pooch panting for more!
Makes about 25 cookies
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 oats
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen), halved
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats and flour together in a small bowl, mixing well. Set aside.
3. Beat the eggs and peanut butter together until smooth and creamy. Add the pumpkin, mix until smooth.
4. Add the flour and oat mix, until a soft dough is formed. Stir in the cranberries.
5. Using a tablespoon, scoop out the dough and place on cookie sheets. Lightly press down on the scoop using your fingers to flatten.
6. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
8. Store treats in airtight bags or containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic