Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treat Recipe
What’s better than biting into a warm, soft cookie? Making them for your dog, of course – try this Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treat Recipe for a cookie your pup will love.
If you’ve got a senior dog or a small dog with bad teeth, giving your dog a treat can be a problem. If you want to reward any dog for a job well done, give the Soft Peanut Butter Carrot Dog Treat Recipe a try. These homemade dog treats feature a whole lot of peanut butter – what dog can resist that? For a bit of a healthy boost, we’ve added carrot into the mix, which is high in fiber and beta-carotene.
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup peanut butter
1 large carrot, shredded
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, milk, egg, and carrot together. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix in the oats.
3. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out into 1/4″ thickness. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place cookies on baking sheets.
4. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Store treats in airtight bags or containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic