DIY Halloween Costumes for Dogs: Lego Dogo
Excitement is building for this DIY dog Halloween Costume. Turn your pooch into a Lego brick – and it all starts with an empty shoebox.
Lego my Dogo! Lego was a favorite toy of mine back in the day. There was no limit as to what you could build. It kept me out of trouble for hours… but because I didn’t like to clean up after myself, they often got lodged in my mom’s foot!
There’s no chance that Oscar will get stepped on when he’s wearing his Lego Dogo costume. I didn’t even need to buy anything to make this DIY dog costume – I already had what I needed hanging around the house. And chances are, you do, too!
- Shoebox (or other appropriately sized box)
- 6 Plastic cups (all the same size)
- Spray paint (any color you’d like – I went with blue)
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic straps
- Velco tape
- Cut a large enough hole at one end of the box – it needs to be big enough for your dog’s head to fit through, as well as comfortably turn his head.
- Glue six plastic cups to the top. They should be spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Spray paint the cups and the box all the same color. Paint in an area that’s well ventilated.
- Secure costume with elastic straps. Velcro tape can be added to the straps for easy on and off.