Survey Says We’d Gladly Pucker Up For Our Pooch
When it comes to kissing, we like to give our pets a peck on the cheek. Here are a few lip-smacking facts, in honor of International Kissing Day.
Did you know that today (Monday, July 6) is International Kissing Day? Nope, we didn’t either – but social media app Skout did. And that’s why they recently surveyed nearly 5,000 people in the U.S. and found that people love to pucker up for their lovable pets.
Here are a few kissable highlights:
- 75 percent of people admit that they kiss their pets.
- 1 in 5 people would rather kiss their pet than their significant other!
- 19 percent of people say they’d prefer to kiss their pet over their significant other.
- 43 percent of people say they’d prefer to kiss their pet rather than family or friends.
- Dogs are the most kissable pet, with 70 percent of people say pooches are the most kissable pet, followed by 21 percent who prefer to kiss their cats, 7 percent who think birds are most affectionate and 2 percent who prefer their reptile.
To celebrate International Kissing Day, Skout is also partnering with Muttville, a San Francisco-based nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of senior dogs. Muttville rescues senior dogs and finds them new homes or gives them hospice, as well as educates people about the benefits of adopting an older dog. And today only, for every virtual Muttville sticker friends give to each other in the Skout app, the company will make a donation to Muttville.
Who would you rather kiss? A dog, cat or human? Personally, I like puckering up for Oscar, even though he pretends he doesn’t like it!