Carrot And Banana Dog Treat Recipe
Are you having a hard time feeding your dog veggies and fruits? May I suggest putting them cookie form – because everything tastes better when it’s in a cookie! That’s the idea behind our Carrot and Banana Dog Treat Recipe. I had a couple of really ripe bananas chilling in the freezer, so I pulled them out especially for this treat. They turned out hard once they had cooled, which gave Oscar something to work on while I cleaned up the mess. This is one recipe I’ll be making again in the future.
Carrot and Banana Dog Treat Recipe
Makes approx. 35 cookies
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 carrots, grated
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, cinnamon) in large mixing bowl.
- Mash ripe bananas in a small bowl. Add banana mash, grated carrots, egg, water and oil with the dry ingredients. Mix until blended into a stiff dough.
- Roll out your dough to ½ inch thickness on a floured countertop. Use cookie cutters for desired shape, and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake treats for 35 minutes. Let cool on racks and store in air tight containers in fridge or freezer.
How did these cookies turn out for you? We’d love to see them – post your pictures of this dog treat recipe on our Facebook page for the PetGuide community to drool over.