Carrot and Applesauce Soft Dog Treat Recipe
Looking to bake up an easy dog treat for your senior pooch? Then this Carrot and Applesauce Soft Dog Treat Recipe will be right up your alley.
Your senior dog has special needs, and this may include issues with his teeth. He may not be able to handle hard food such as kibble or treats. Your best bet is to make a treat just for senior dogs – try our Carrot and Applesauce Soft Dog Treat Recipe on for size. Packed with ingredients that he’ll love (and are good for him), you’ll be able to give him a homemade treat that’s easy to chew.
Makes about 25 cookies
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup applesauce
1 medium sized carrot, shredded
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup milk (or almond or oat milk)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
3. Add applesauce, carrot, and oatmeal to the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
4. Add in egg and milk. You may have to use your hands to knead the dough to ensure all ingredients are combined.
5. Scoop 2 tablespoon portions onto prepared baking sheet.
6. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. Keep in airtight container and store in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic