Pumpkin and Almond Butter Dog Treat Recipe
We’re totally in the Autumn spirit – pumpkin spice is in full effect and we couldn’t be happier! If your dog is feeling left out of this fall trend, make him some Pumpkin and Almond Butter Dog Treats. It’s way better that a latte, because the pureed pumpkin adds fiber to your dog’s diet, which will help keep him regular. Plus, when you’re baking these treats, your whole house will smell like pumpkin pie…. Mmmmmmm!
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond butter
2 cups flour
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, combine almond butter and egg. Add wet to dry mixture and mix well. Add water until a stiff dough is formed.
- Sprinkle work surface with flour. Roll out dough and cut out using cookie cutters. Place shapes on cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on racks for 1-2 hours. Keep treats stored in fridge or freeze in airtight container.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic