DIY No-Sew Pet Bed
Your furry best friend will love this comfy and budget-friendly DIY pet bed!
Unless you’re down with your pooch sharing your sofa, you’ll have to get them a bed of their own. Even if you let your pet get comfy on your furniture, it’s good for a dog to have somewhere to curl up when they need some alone time. Of course, pet beds come in all shapes and sizes, and more often than not, buying one can leave a sizeable dent in your budget, especially if you have a large dog. But fear not- you can make one yourself in one sitting, and it will cost you under $15! How pawesome is that?
What You’ll Need
- The finished bed should give your pet enough room to comfortably lie down. Base the measurements for the bed on your pet’s size. For instance, Lola (the dog on the picture) weighs about 24 pounds (11 lbs), and one standard blanket, folded in half, was a perfect fit for her.
- Cut the blanket into two pieces and place them on top of each other, wrong sides facing.
- If you are using a pillow, place it between the layers of blanket, if not, skip this step.
- Use scissors or a rotary cutter to cut strips along all four sides. Make sure the strips are wide and long enough- circa 3 inches long and 1.5 to 2 inches wide should be enough.
- Once you have the strips in place, tie them in knots by using one strip from the upper layer and one from the lower layer. You can double the knots if you feel it will make the fleece cover more secure.
- If using polyester filling, before you tie all the knots, leave an opening, circa 10 inches long. Use it to get the filling inside the formed blanket cover, and simply tie the remaining strips once you’ve filled the bed.