Spinach And Carrot Dog Treat Recipe
The perfect way to hide the power of spinach is in a delish treat!
Did you know that spinach is good for dogs? It’s packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin K, beta-carotene and plant crude fiber, which can promote a healthy tummy and help poops. Did you also know that most dogs won’t eat spinach as a leafy green? That means if we want our pooches to partake it all of its wonderful benefits, we need to hide or mask it so they don’t catch on to our dubious scheme. That’s why I’m sneaking all that goodness in these Spinach and Carrot Dog Treats. Bonus: They’ve also got carrots and Brewer’s yeast in them for added health perks!
Spinach and Carrot Dog Treat Recipe
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/8 cup Brewer’s Yeast
1 cup spinach, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Puree the spinach, carrots and water in a blender.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour and Brewer’s yeast, and olive oil.
- Pour the puree into bowl and mix well with the dry ingredients. The dough will be moist.
- Roll out dough to ¼ inch thickness onto floured countertop. You may need to spray your rolling pin with oil-based cooking spray so the dough doesn’t stick to it. Cut with cookie cutters and place on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 hours. Store in airtight containers and keep in refrigerator or freezer.