Cherry Muffin Dog Treat Recipe
As a morning nosh or a reward for a job well done, these Cherry Muffin Dog Treats will have your dog begging for another bite.
Big and small dogs alike love a good homemade muffin. And have we got one for you! Our Cherry Muffin Dog Treat Recipe are easy to make, and they make a sweet or tart treat when your pooch deserves a little something extra. Plus, cherries contain antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and fiber – all of which can benefit your doggo.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup tart or sweet cherries (frozen or fresh), rinsed, pitted, and chopped
3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray muffin pan with non-stick coating.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, egg, and applesauce.
4. Add wet mixture into dry mixture.
5. Stir cherries into the mixture and mix until a moist dough forms.
6. Using a spoon, fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool for 30 minutes in the muffin pan on a wire rack.
9. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
10. Store in an air-tight container and keep in refrigerator or freezer.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic