DIY Decorative Dog Dish Towels
A thoughtful gift – for someone else or for yourself. Design them anyway you want, you can’t go wrong. Pick a breed and paint them on a dish towel. It’s a wonderful way to add whimsy to your kitchen while declaring to all those who enter that you are a dog person.
To make these do it yourself decorative dog dish towels, you’re going to need to visit the dollar store. That’s where I got the bulk of my supplies; I did have to visit my local craft store for the fabric paint.
Cotton dish towels (look for ones that are plain or have minimal design)
Before you get started:
- Iron your dish towels if they’re wrinkled.
- Work on a flat surface, such as a countertop or table.
- Place a piece of paper between the surface and your dishtowel. This will make sure the paint doesn’t leak onto your furniture.
DIY Dog Dish Towel Instructions:
- Download a stencil and print out on heavy stock paper. Cut out the design using scissors or an x-acto knife.
- Place the stencil on top of your tea towel. Using your paint brush or sponge, fill in the stencil with paint. Press down on the sides of the stencil so that the paint does run. As well, start with a light touch on the paint, especially around the lines of the stencils.
- Lift the stencil straight up and let dry. Repeat steps two and three until your vision has been completed!
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic