10 Best Collars For Shorkies
A cross between a Shih Tzu and a Yorkshire Terrier, Shorkies are full of character and spunk in a compact size! It can be tough to find that just-right collar for a mixed breed, so here are 10 best collars perfect for Shorkies.
Shorkies are cute, alright, and they know it. And, because they are small, you have to be careful with collars because you can damage their windpipes as they exuberantly (and sometimes stubbornly) play. Most collars are more for form, than function, but many choose to use collars and harnesses combined to carry information.
1. Didog Personalized Smooth PU Leather Collar. This fun personalized collar allows you to add a bit of bling, making your dog’s collar a one-of-a-kind creation that they can proudly show off. The collar itself is made from soft PU leather, making it comfortable for your dog to wear while you’re out and about. While the collar is durable, the rhinestone letters are not designed for day-to-day wear. Like your favorite jewellery, this collar is for special occasions!
The collar comes in a variety of colors and sizes, ranging from 8” to 18”, guaranteeing that they will have the right fit for your Shorkie. It can be personalized with up to 7 rhinestone charms, including letters as well as fun accent charms such as a heart, bone, or crown. Are you looking for the perfect combination of glitz and punk? You can also add a bling skull to your dog’s collar! Show off their personality in style.
2. Personalized Reflective Collar with Nameplate. This nylon reflective collar has a customizable nameplate that you can engrave pertinent information on should your Shorkie get out and about on his own. They’re waterproof and come in seven different colors with a 100% replacement guarantee for any reason! They retail for $15.95.
3. Leather Nameplate Collar. This leather reflective collar also has a nameplate attached for engraved information right on the collar. Say goodbye to noisy tags! These retail for $15.90.
Related: What Are Designer Dogs?
4. PetFavorites Bowtie/Bandana Collar. These adorable collars will have your little guy looking the Dapper Dan wherever he goes. Lightweight and easy to adjust, they’re designed specifically for teacup breeds. There are several patterns and they retail for $9.59-$15.59.
5. Adjustable Watermelon Bowtie. Your Shorkie is sure to be the star of whatever show it’s in wearing this too-cute watermelon bowtie collar. It’s adjustable to ensure just the right and safe size, and it’s 100% cotton for easy-care. The bowties are handstitched for quality and they retail for $12.99.
6. Shires Padded Leather Collar. If traditional collar and tag in a classic leather is your Shorkie style, this is the collar for you (and your pup). It’s padded lining keeps it comfy for your little guy or gal and the stylish and clean look of leather lets them strut their stuff. It retails for $19.99 and comes in a handful of colors.
7. Leather Studded Collar. Look, Shorkies basically think they are bad to the bone (see what we did there?) so often, so why not let them look the part every once in a while with this black leather studded collar. No one needs to know it’s nicely cushioned on the inside so your pup is really feeling like it’s a luxury necklace! It retails for $8.21.
Related: The Importance Of Raw Bones For Dogs
8. BronzeDog Leather Collar. Want a nice leather in some pretty pup colors? These leather collars from BronzeDog will accessorize any Shorkie with some unique pastels and make them feel like they’re living on the beach! They’re lightweight so they won’t bog your Shorkie’s neck down with heaviness and they retail for $9.99.
9. PetsHome Rhinestone Leather Collar with Pendant. If your Shorkie has a bit of a Diva streak, this blinged out collar is the perfect option. This collar is durable, made with premium PU leather. At the same time, a comfortable fur lining protects your dog’s neck while providing a soft, comfortable touch for prolonged wear. Sparkling rhinestones are attached securely while avoiding any sharp edges that could cause injuries during use. The collar is available in 3 different sizes, accommodating neck sizes ranging from approximately 8” to 15”, and each collar has 5 adjustment holes. This makes it easier to find the perfect fit for your dog both for comfort and security.
The full collar is lined in beautiful rhinestones and accented with a crystal pendant, making this a statement piece for weddings, holidays, parties, family gatherings, or ‘just because’. A smaller D-ring on the collar makes it easy to attach identification tags or other accessories while a larger D-ring is located back closer to the buckle to securely attach a leash.
10. Blazin Roxx Leopard Print Dog Collar. Meow! Talk about the shoe on the other foot–how about the coat on the other collar? This leopard print collar from Blazin Roxx shows the world your Shorkie has some spunk and she’s/he’s not afraid to use it! All blinged up, you’ll have plenty of places you’ll want to go, and it retails for $22.99