10 Best Leashes For Bernedoodles
It’s important to make sure the leash you choose for your Bernedoodle is the right one, so we’ve compiled a list of the best 10 leashes for Bernedoodles.
Bernedoodles are cuddle bugs who love their people! A mix of a Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog, they also have a bit of explorer in them, but they’re sometimes cautious about it. They can range in size from five pounds to 90 (depending on the mixes of varying poodle size and Bernedoodle) so you need to make sure whatever leash you have is the best for your dog. Check out the best 10 leashes for Bernedoodles we’ve found.
1. Kurgo 6-in-1 Hands-Free Leash. We love this hands-free leash for your medium-larger (trained) Bernedoodle. It adjusts six different ways to let it be the leash you use to walk around the block or to take on adventures at the beach or in the mountains, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
2. PawLifestyles Retractable. Another hands-free leash we like is this one by Paw Lifestyles. It’s retractable so it gives your Bernedoodle a bit of freedom when you’re jogging/running and it has a convenient pocket for you to keep phone/key/etc. It has two handles for better control, so it’s great for a larger Bernedoodle. It also has a reflective lining for safety and is easy to wash in the washer.
3. Ezy Dog Bungee Training Leash. Your Bernedoodle will need you to work and ensure he’s properly trained, and this basic bungee rope with a padded handle will help in that endeavor. The bungee helps with shock absorption and prevents issues with pull if your Bernedoodle’s will gets a little strong (they’re smart; it might). It comes in several different colors and two lengths, and has a money-back guarantee. It’s best for medium-larger Bernedoodles.
4. Pawtitas Small Nylon Leash. Sometimes you’ll just want a basic leash to keep your Bernedoodle safe in environments and if you have a tiny or a mini Bernedoodle (10-24 pounds or 24-49 pounds), this is a great leash option. It’s basic but perfectly suited for the job and it’s easy to care for. It comes in lots of different colors.
5. Ruffwear Leash With Carabiner. This basic rope leash is also a great option for smaller Bernedoodles, though they make them for larger ones as well. A larger might benefit from the carabiner lock/hook that attaches to your Bernedoodle’s collar/harness. Pet parents of smaller Bernedoodles often prefer harnesses, and this will work for either.
6. Logical Leather Water-Resistant Leather Leash. This genuine leather leash comes in several different colors and is a classic, stylish option for a basic leather leash for walking and training. It’s water-resistant and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
7.SoftTouch Leather Braided Leash. If you’d like to get a leather leash for your smaller Bernedoodle, this braided is a nice option as well. It has a padded handle and the leather is naturally tanned over 40 days so there is no exposure to any chemical should a zealous chewer get a hold of it.
8. Mirage Pet Poodle Leash. If you’d like your Bernedoodle to adorably pay homage to her poodle heritage, we love this cotton leash from Mirage Pets. It’s made in the USA; a nylon leash with the pretty-in-pink ribbon overlay. It’s best for medium-larger Bernedoodles.
9. Celebri-Pup Glitter Leash. Tiny and Mini Bernedoodles tend to be feisty little divas sometimes, and this glitter leash from Celebri-Pup is a perfect fit for those little buggers! It comes in a 3/4 or one-inch width size in case your bigger Bernedoodle wants to get in on the fun and frivolous!
10. Bobcats Handmade Paracord Leash. This handmade paracord leash is great for larger, burlier Bernedoodles who like to be outside and explore. It’s easy to wash–washing machine/dryer or river, as they advertise!