DIY Framed Paw Print
If you’re looking to add some meaningful wall art to your home or surprise someone close with a thoughtful gift, try this quick and easy DIY project.
Who said that art has to be expensive? You don’t even have to be particularly crafty to make your own wall art- at least when it comes to this adorable framed paw print. Granted, it might take you a few tries if you have an uncooperative pooch (mine tried to channel his inner Jackson Pollock at first), but all in all, this is a super easy project which costs only a few bucks to make.
And, of course, don’t forget treats for your patient little coworker. If they’re willing to lend you a paw for this project, the least you can do is dole out a few yummies.
Before You Start
Have a bowl with warm water and a bit of soap handy, because you’ll want to wash the paint from your pet’s paw as soon as you get the print- no need to get stains on your sofa.
What You’ll Need
- a picture frame
- pet-friendly paint
- cotton ball
- piece of paper (I used sketch paper)
- a willing paw owner
1. Dab the paint with the cotton ball and then onto your pet’s paw. This makes the print nice and tidy, and it’s easier to put on than with a tickly paintbrush.
2. Gently press your pooch’s paw on the paper and keep it there for a few seconds before carefully lifting it.
3. Leave the paint to dry while you wash your pet’s messy toes.
4. Cut the paper to fit the dimensions of the frame (if needed) and voila! All you need is to choose the best wall for your pawesome new artwork!
*optional steps: I prefer the simple look of a wooden frame and a paw print, but you can print out your pet’s name under the paw or write it yourself, add some cute dog-themed stickers or whatever strikes your fancy. Let your creative side loose!