Watch and Treat Your Dog With the Furbo Pet Camera
We all know what it’s like to leave for work in the morning, turn around to look back and see our best buddy standing at the window, watching us walk away. Even though we know they’re going to be just fine once we’re out of sight, admit it, it kind breaks our hearts a little!
That’s why the Furbo Treat-Tossing Pet Camera is such a great addition to our home pet care systems. It’s a little bit treat, a little bit pet sitter, and a whole lot of tech that makes us feel a heck of a lot less guilty when we leave for work or vacation. Why? Because we can continue to interact with our pooch and even toss him a treat or two for all those “good boy” moments we’ll still get to witness.
The creative folks at Furbo designed the unit after soliciting input from over 5,000 dog parents regarding the features they felt were most important. They also reached out to veterinarians and professional dog trainers to help maximize the benefits of the Furbo for both pooch and owner, they beta-tested the user experience with over 500 volunteers and ultimately launched one of the most successful pet tech projects on a popular crowd funding site.
The end result is a sleek, compact unit that sits comfortably on a table or counter and takes the typical nanny-cam to the next level with its many custom features that include:
- A camera with 4 x zoom so you can zero in on Rover — particularly handy if he’s not feeling well or is known to “explore” when you’re not home.
- The capability of storing photos and videos of your pooch for your personal enjoyment or to share on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms.
- Live streaming HD video in crisp 720p over a super-wide 120° angle lens meaning you can view your pooch regardless of where he might be.
- Sending an alert to your phone when it detects your dog barking.
- A 2-way audio system that lets you interact with your pooch at any time and from any location so that you can calm him if he’s upset or fussing.
- A built-in infrared LED filter that offers an incredibly clear view despite low-light conditions – important for those late work nights.
Best of all, Furbo has the ability to softly launch a treat to your pet — so load it up with his personal favorites. A cool blue hue that is visible to him plus a soft clicking sound similar to what dog trainers use will alert your little guy that a treat’s about to launch. He can then run over, listen to your voice praise him for being such a great pooch, and then dive through the air to catch the treat you’re sending his way!
The Furbo app works on your smartphone, tablet and apple watch, and is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.
Set up is simple – even for non-tech types – and you can be up and running in three simple steps:
- Download the Furbo app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Connect your Furbo to home Wi-Fi in a matter of minutes.
- See, talk and toss treats from your phone.
If you’ve got a Furbo, take a pic or video of your dog in action and share it with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, so we can share it with the community!
More by Mary Simpson