Slobbr App Helps Dog Owners Explore More Destinations With Their Pooch
Using location-based technology, Slobbr helps pet parents and their furry sidekicks find all those great parks, shops, restaurants, hotels, and more that not only welcome their business, but that have already received the “stamp of approval” from the Slobbr member community.
Following a seven month pilot in Boston and New York City, the app now offers full dog-friendly maps and discovery tools for those exploring: New York City, Boston, Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Portland (Oregon), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa and Washington (DC).
Good news is that the app can be viewed from anywhere in the country, is available to download for free on iTunes and Android users can utilize via its mobile-friendly site. Even better is that each time a member checks in, Slobbr donates half a cup of kibble to a local animal shelter or rescue group.
Cool features of this app?
- Discover Slobbr Places: Easily search dog friendly locations through an area map or ask for a list. My super quick discovery? That New York’s famous Shake Shack made the grade because it allows dogs inside, serves Bocce bakery dog biscuits and offers private function space.
- Interactive Features: Add photos of you and your little guy chowing down, turning in or taking a hike at any number of the restaurants, hotels and dog-friendly parks featured on the Slobbr app. Better yet, post your own fave Fido-friendly destinations and share with the entire Slobbr community.
- Create Dog Profiles and Invite Other Pooch Pals: Every dog deserves his 15 minutes of fame and this means every one of your pack. Create profiles for your crew, add photos, names, breeds, genders, birthdays, ages and share with others in the Slobbr community who may want to schedule play dates at featured locations.
- Favorite Locales: Users can favorite the places and spaces on Slobbr that they want to return to, which automatically adds them to a Favorite Places tab to revisit.
- Kibble Count: Users can keep track of the pack leader on the Kibble Counter leaderboard, which monitors the Slobbr members who have checked-in most frequently and thereby donated the greatest amount of kibble to dogs in need.
More by Mary Simpson