True Love Valentine’s Day Photo Contest
PHOTO SUBMISSION IS OVER – VOTING BEGINS!
We want to share the love of the most affectionate day of the year. That’s why we want you to enter our True Love Valentine’s Day Photo Contest – we’re giving away $600 worth of prizes (because that’s how much we love you)!
From Monday, January 26 to Friday, February 13, 2015, you have the chance to win one of our FOUR Valentine’s Day Prizes. Because this special day is celebrating love, we want to see your pet in photos that show his love, or in a picture inspired by Valentine’s Day.
Every pet shows his love differently. He can be licking or snuggling with a person or an animal, or resting his head on a lap. You could dress him up in something red, or give him a big heart to hold – be as creative as you want; it just needs to be full of love!
You have 12 days (Jan. 26 to Feb. 6) to send your pics to email@example.com. On February 7, we’ll post them in our True Love Contest Facebook album. From Feb. 7 to Feb. 13, you can vote by “Liking” your favorite picture in the album. The four photos with the most “Likes” will win. To get the most likes, you can share the photo with your Facebook friends and ask them to Like your photo. REMEMBER – they have to like your photo on PETGUIDE’S FACEBOOK PAGE, not your own personal page.
We have four fabulous prizes to give away. The three runners-up will receive a prize pack filled with lots of goodies for their furry Valentine. The picture with the most votes walks away with a PetChatz, which lets you keep tabs on your dog or cat from wherever you are.
PetChatz ($349): No matter where you are, you see, hear, greet and treat your pet anyplace and anytime you want. PetChatz will let you speak and see your dog while you’re away from your home using a smartphone, computer or tablet. It lets you give your pet a treat, release a soothing scent, take a photo or video of your pet and much more!
2 winners will receive a “True Love” prize pack:
- 1 Imperial Cat Love Bug Scratch ’n Shape ($29.95)
- 1 Buster DogMaze ($33) and 1 pouch of Coachies treats ($9.99) from The Company of Animals
- 1 Gold Paw Series Stretch Fleece $19.00
- 1 pouch of Caru Natural Treats ($7.79)
- 1 pouch of Bravo Crunchy Delights ($6.49)
- 1 Barkworthies Elk Antler ($5.99)
1 winner receives a Loving Pets Prize Pack, which includes:
2 Bella Bowls Classic (choose from Merlot or Paparazzi Pink) ($11.99 each)
2 packages of Natural Value Dog Treats ($19.99)
1 Bella Treat Canister in Merlot ($23.99)
HOW TO ENTER:
What Do I Do?:
- Send us a photo that you own of your pet showing his or her love. Your pet can be licking his favorite person or animal, snuggling up with another pet or person, wearing a Valentine’s outfit, or anything else that showcases a theme of love. You agree that we can post the photo on our social media accounts and in conjunction with news about the contest. Send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line TRUE LOVE. Please include your name, location, and dog’s name, plus a little story about the picture, if you have one. Only one entry per person.
- True Love pictures can be sent via email from Monday, January 25 to Friday, February 6, 2015 11:59pm EST.
- On Saturday, February 7, we’ll post these photos in a Facebook album called True Love Valentine’s Day Photo Contest. From Saturday, February 7 to Friday, February 13, 2pm EST, you can vote for your favorite photo by “Liking” it on Facebook.
- The four photos with the most “Likes” win. To get more likes, share the photo on Facebook with your friends and ask them to like photo on PETGUIDE’S FACEBOOK PAGE. Likes incurred on your personal Facebook page will not be counted as a vote or like.
How Do I Win?: 1 (one) Grand Prize Winner and 3 (three) Runner Up Prizes will be determined by the most Likes on PetGuide.com’s Facebook Page.
Where Can I See My Photo: All of the photos can be seen on our Facebook page. We’ll also feature the winner and three runners up on a dedicated post on PetGuide.com after the contest is over.
To get the most likes, you’ll need to get your friends and family in on the action. Generate buzz for your photo by sharing it and asking for likes.
The contest runs from Monday, January 25 to Friday, February 13, 2015, 2pm EST. PetGuide.com staff and their families are not eligible to win.
Winners will be notified and announced on Petguide.com no later than February 16, 2014. This contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada only.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic