DIY Dog Wipes
If any four-legged beastie knows how to get incredibly dirty under a minute, it’s dogs. Pooches are revered for many things, but their cleanliness is definitely not on that list. Whether your trying to keep your pupper from smelling ripe in between baths or just want handy grooming wipes with you on walks or vacation, this project is for you.
You’ll find everything you need for DIY dog wipes in your local dollar store- heck, chances are you already have all of the components at home.
What You’ll Need
- 1 roll of heavy-duty paper towel or toilet paper
- 1 cup of water, regular or distilled
- a squirt of dog shampoo
- 1-2 drops of tea tree oil (don’t use more as it can be harmful to your pet in high dosage- omit if you have a sensitive pooch)
- a container with a lid- I used a glass jar
- Pour the water into the container and combine with shampoo and essential oil. Tea tree oil can be omitted- it has antifungal and antibacterial properties, but it might be irritating to dogs with sensitive skin.
- Put the lid on the container and shake until foam forms.
- Remove the cardboard center of the toilet paper roll and place it into the container. If you used a paper towel, you might want to cut it half beforehand.
- Let the paper tissues soak for an hour.
- Pull from the center of the roll when you need a wipe, keep covered until next use.
A proud mama to seven dogs and ten cats, Angela spends her days writing for her fellow pet parents and pampering her furballs, all of whom are rescues. When she's not gushing over her adorable cats or playing with her dogs, she can be found curled up with a good fantasy book.
More by Angela Vuckovic