Camera-Shy Dogs Get The Puparazzi Treatment With BarkCam App
Pet parents, get ready to spend a lot more time taking pictures of your dog with this super fun app!
You love taking pictures of your pooch. Now, how can you make that more fun? With the BarkCam app for iPhone!
You’ll be addicted to posting hilarious photos of your pooch to Instragram, Twitter and Facebook thanks to this cool photo app. It’s perfect for dogs that are a bit camera shy. BarkCam features an array of sounds that are designed to grab your dog’s attention so they look at the camera. I tried them all out on Oscar, and here are the results:
- Cat meowing (2 different meows): Got his attention.
- Treat bag opening: Nope, nothing. Guess he wasn’t hungry.
- Silent whistle: No response. Maybe he couldn’t hear it?
- T-Rex roar: Ran to the window and barked. Gotta hand it to him – he’s got my back when the T-Rexs attack.
- Rubber Ducky squeak: Ears up. Head tilt. Perfect shot.
- Door bell: Ran to the door. Counterproductive to photo taking.
- Door knocking: See door bell.
- Dog barking: Ran to the window to bark back. Got a great shot of his butt.
- Fart: Got his attention. He looked at me with disgust.
- Burp: After the fart, this sound effect didn’t faze him.
Once you get the shot, have fun with dressing it up with cartoon accessories. As you can see from the photo above, Oscar is a smart little devil with a mustache. There’s even a meme generator, if your humorously inclined and want your photos to go viral. Once you’re done with your masterpiece, the BarkCam lets you save it and send it to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and email.
You can download BarkCam for free – Yay! It’s only available for iPhone, but here’s hoping that changes soon. Give it a try and let us see your creations. Post your BarkCam photos to our Facebook wall!