Off-The-Leash Luxury Awaits Pooches At Las Vegas Pet-Friendly Resorts
Vegas is going to the dogs… for real! I always thought of Las Vegas as a city of ultimate pleasure. Gambling, partying, specular shows and restaurants, and meeting a few interesting characters along the strip – that’s what Vegas is all about. From a city that boasts “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” you’d better be prepared for the unexpected (bring enough money to cover bail).
That’s why I was surprised that Sin City is now catering to pet parents. Two upscale resorts in particular – Vdara Hotel & Spa and Delano Las Vegas – are going the extra mile to ensure that guests bring their pooches. They now offer a variety of luxurious pet-friendly suites that come complete with posh accommodations and pup-friendly perks.
Related: Luxe Pet Friendly Hotels For Posh Pooches
If you’re looking to have some swanky holiday fun away from the snow, and you don’t want to leave your dog behind, booking a stay at Vdara or Delano will ensure you enjoy pooch and people pampering at its finest.
I had a chance to talk to Mary Giuliano, General Manager of Vdara Hotel & Spa, about the idea of bringing pet-friendly resorts to Las Vegas. According to her, Vegas isn’t just about excitement, it’s also a place to escape, relax and recharge. By offering a respite from the hustle and bustle of the Strip (but still in easy access to all the city’s charms), these boutique hotels are tapping into a growing segment of travelers who want their pets to have a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation as well.
And how have people responded to the doggy indulgent suites been so far? “The response has been overwhelmingly positive,” says Giuliano. “Our pet rooms are consistently booked and it’s not unusual to see dogs and their owners strolling through the lobby on their way to our dog park that’s only steps from our front door. We’re thrilled that guests are responding so well to this program.”
Related: Dog-Friendly Adventures in Florida
What makes the Vdara or Delano posh for the pups? Check out what lucky dogs can expect during their stay:
- Sung as a Bug: At Vdara and Delano, dogs will make themselves at home in luxurious pet-friendly suites. You and your dog can unwind in these posh accommodations that come equipped with extra cozy blankets.
- Holiday Treats: As soon as you arrive, your dog gets his own welcome goodie bag complete with a freshly made treat from a local bakery.
- Festive Feasts: One of the best things about the holidays is the grand mouth-watering, pants-need-unbuckling feast, and your dog doesn’t get left out of the delectable noms. Delano offers a specialty dining experience for dogs with scrumptious meals including Pooch Patty, a wagyu hamburger with market vegetables and the Bark-A-Roni, dog-friendly macaroni and cheese with sliced hot dogs. Pups can dine in style with Vdara V-Dog’s eco-friendly dog bowls filled with health-conscious pet meals such as the Fetch of the Day, a seared fillet with sweet potatoes and vegetables.
- Walking in a Winter Wonderland: Working off all that food isn’t a problem. While staying at Vdara, guests can take their furry friends on a stroll around Memorial Park, Vdara’s 24-hour dog park and walking path. At Delano, if you want to catch some of that famous Vegas action, your dog will be well taken care of. Doggie butlers ensure pups get their essential exercise (and relief) with a Daily Walk around the resort, including a yummy treat to finish it off. Butlers will even snap a picture and send it to you so you know your pooch is well taken care of.
- Naughty or Nice?: While you’re off being naughty (hey – you’re in Vegas, it’s a prerequisite!), Delano offers Check In and Check Up services. Doggie butlers stop by the room to check in and send the pet parents a text message to inform them of their dog’s good (or bad) behavior. Vdara also keeps canine guests company with pet-sitting services, available 24/7.
I’ve told Oscar all about the pet perks offered at Vdara and Delano, and he’s got his bags packed ready to go. My furry little guy may look cute, but he’s all about letting it ride! This is one off-leash, lavish excursion we would gladly give up a frosty winter wonderland for.
If you’re interested in a stay at Vdara Hotel & Spa and Delano Las Vegas, plan ahead – the pet-friendly suites book up fast. What about you? Would you bring your dog to Las Vegas with you, if you could stay at a chichi boutique hotel that spoils your dog rotten? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Amy Tokic, Editor of PetGuide.com, is a passionate animal lover and proud pet parent of Oscar, a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua cross, and Zed, a Japanese Chin. Her love of animals began in kindergarten, when she brought her stuffed dog Snoopy into class with her every day. Now, she writes about her adventures in pet ownership and tirelessly researches products, news and health related issues she can share with other animal enthusiasts. In her free time, Amy loves perusing used book and record stores, obsessing over the latest pet products available and chasing squirrels with wild abandon (a habit attributed to spending too much time with her pooches).
More by Amy Tokic