These Are America’s Pet-Friendliest Companies of 2018
It’s no secret that pet parents include their furry companion in all of their decisions. Vacation destinations, dates, neighborhood, and even workplaces: pet-friendliness is one of the top factors that could sway their decision.
And companies have noticed. More and more workplaces are welcoming cats and dogs and offering other pet-friendly incentives, such as paw-ternity leaves. But even with the competition being impressive, some companies have been a step ahead of the others when it comes to their pawesomeness. According to Wellness Natural Pet Food, here is a list of top 10 pet-friendly companies:
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka (Austin, TX) – In addition to allowing dogs in the office each day, people at Tito’s are passionate about helping our four-legged friends in need through their Tito’s Vodka for Dog People program.
- Petcube (San Francisco, CA) – OK, this one is not a surprise: a company that makes pet cameras is a great place to work if you’re a pet parent. The company has pet-friendly offices (sometimes even events and corporate functions), and their employees enjoy various benefits, from pet sitting to on-demand vet consultations.
- Harpoon Brewery (Boston, MA) – As the company’s CEO, Dan Kenary, is a huge dog lover, in this beer-making company, every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- BISSELL Homecare (Grand Rapid, MI) – Bissell’s office features something called Pet Spot- a doggy designated area that has water bowls, walking paths, cleanup stations and tons of tasty treats (with occasional special ones, like ice cream for dogs).
- Glassdoor (Mill Valley, CA) – As a company behind the website that enables employees and former employees anonymously review companies, Glassdoor knows how to keep their peeps happy and complaint-free. And it’s by being a dog-friendly workspace for the last five years!
- Zoosk (San Francisco, CA) – Not only that their offices are pet-friendly, but the dating service company also features fun pet incentives such as giving out “dog of the month” awards.
- Zogics (Lenox, MA) – Internal Slack channel devote to furbabies and a “Pawternity” policy that gives new pet parents an extra week of PTO, a pet store gift card, and a lifetime supply of Zogics Pet Shampoo are just some of the pet-inspired perks.
- O.H.S.O. Brewery, Distillery and Restaurant (Phoenix, AZ) –In addition to raising money for animal shelters, the company offers complimentary homemade dog treats and burgers, as well as “barking bars”(taps that pour water for doggy bowls) for their residential pets.
- Fueled (New York, NY) – The company made every day a dog-friendly day, so their employees are free to bring their furry companions to the workplace whenever they want.
- TerraCycle (Trenton, NJ) – The puppers are welcome to the companies offices- but the doggos can also use some of the specially designated conference rooms and outdoor spaces for their enjoyment.
A proud mama to seven dogs and ten cats, Angela spends her days writing for her fellow pet parents and pampering her furballs, all of whom are rescues. When she's not gushing over her adorable cats or playing with her dogs, she can be found curled up with a good fantasy book.
More by Angela Vuckovic