PetSmart’s National Adoption Weekend Starts November 11
PetSmart Charities and PetSmart Charities of Canada are sponsoring National Adoption Weekend November 11 to 13 at their stores across the US and Canada, and they want to encourage anyone looking for a pet for the holidays to consider looking and adopting now.
Often commercials and print ads will give warm fuzzies with adorable puppies or kittens crawling out from holiday trees, but what many don’t consider is that the season also brings with it lots of unusual circumstances–travel plans, extra family members, chaotic households–all of which could potentially traumatize a new family member. PetSmart Charities and PetSmart Charities of Canada recommends looking before all the hustle and bustle really hits and National Adoption Weekend is a great weekend to do so!
Related: 11 Celebrities Who Decided To Adopt, Not Shop
PetSmart stores across both countries will have several rescue/adoption organizations offering the most grateful pets for adoption. PetSmart Charities and PetSmart Charities of Canada team with local organizations in both grant-giving and opportunity to allow the widest and varied selection of adoptable pets, helping more than 20,000 pets find their furever homes each year.
PetSmart Charities of Canada knows that a surprise furry family member under the tree may be a wonderful memory, they’ve offered five better reasons to adopt well before the holiday season:
1. You can get the best holiday gift for the family even before the holiday… leaving the rest of your shopping easy, peasy.
2. You will have plenty of time to allow your new pet to adapt to living in his or her new family before the holiday season gets too busy.
3. Your new pet will be able to be part of all of your family’s holiday traditions. Who doesn’t love watching Fido dig through his stocking on Christmas morning?
4. A new pet will encourage healthy habits for the family–playing with the new kitty or walking the new pup can create healthy family habits that will last a lifetime.
5. Most important–pets need homes now. Many in shelters simply don’t have the time to wait until you come across them as a cute holiday gift. Adopting a pet now could literally save his life.
Related: Tips For Traveling With Your Dog Over The Holidays
PetSmart Charities and PetSmart Charities of Canada wants you to share the love when you adopt by showing your new family member with the hashtags or on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. And, as an added ‘Thank You” for saving a pet, PetSmart will offer free adoption kits to anyone who adopts. The kits include over $400 in product and services coupons, and are sure to help give your new pet a great start in your family!
So, if you were considering finally giving in and adopting a family pet, but were waiting for the holidays, reconsider and visit the National Adoption Weekend at a PetSmart near you. Trust us, you’ll still get the big impact of the best gift ever, and you’ll be saving the life of a pet in need now.
More by Lori Ennis