10 Best Bowls For Shorkies
Finding the right dinnerware for your Shorkie is important because he’s prone to hypoglycemia. We’ve collected the 10 best bowls for Shorkies to make mealtime more palatable!
Many people work toward a free feeder situation with their pets–they like to allow their dogs or cats to eat when they want to, much as we’d do when we’re hungry. Your Shih Tzu /Yorkshire Terrier cross can’t do that, though, as Shorkies are prone to hypoglycemia, particularly when puppies or stressed, so you want to make sure their dining is appropriate and often. Check these bowls out to find the right one for the job.
1. Loving Pets Extra Small Robusto. This bowl is made of stainless steel and touted as nearly indestructible. Though Shorkies are small but mighty, doubtful they’d be able to do any real damage to it, but it’s nice to know it’s constructed so solidly. And that it’s extra small for your dynamo to easily access. It retails for $8.95.
2. Loving Pets Le Bol. We also like the Loving Pets Le Bol extra small bowl. It is a stainless material as well, but has a ceramic-like interior that will resist odors and bacteria that like to collect. They come in sweet colors and are easy to care for. The Le Bol retails for $8.99.
3. HWDID Fun Feeder. Yes, even little dogs can get bloat, which is dangerous and a result of overeating. Zealous eaters enjoy the stimulation of getting food from this puzzle feeder and they also bring food into their little bodies in a safer and slower fashion, reducing the chance of too much air and then their stomach twisting. The color is fun and it retails for $9.59.
4. Eco-Friendly Stainless/Bamboo Bowl. These fun-colored bowls are small enough for your pup but big enough in features to make them a hit. Stainless bowls come out of the eco-friendly and recyclable bamboo insert for easy wash and if your doggo decided to chew on the liner a bit (just saying) no big deal because the material is earth and dog-friendly. They retail for $9.99.
5. Alfie Pet Tilt Bowl. This two-piece bowl set is tilted to keep the food lower to the bottom and easier for your Shorkie to get to. The bowl part lifts out of the insert for easy cleaning and you can adjust the bowl tilt to make it just perfect for your princess. It retails for $15.99.
6. Paw-Shaped Melamine. Want a pawsome and adorable little bowls for indoor or outdoor ease? These are perfect. Made of BPA-free Melamine, the paws are (almost) too cute for your cutie! They’re easy to care for and dishwasher safe, and a nice alternative to heavier ceramic with style. They retail for $15.99.
7. Focus On Dog Stainless set. This feeding set is a uniquely painted holder with stainless inserts that is simply darling. The bottom is silicone lined to make sure it doesn’t slip and slide all over the place and a just-right-size for most Shorkies. The stainless is rust-proof and easy to care for by hand or in the dishwasher and the set retails for $10.99.
8. Super Design Stainless. A very basic, but totally functional set of stainless bowls that are some of the smallest we’ve found for your Shorkie, holding a cup. They’re dishwasher safe, anti-rust and can be used as stand-alone food and water bowls or in various feeding station inserts. They retail for $9.94 for the set.
9. Relax Bamboo Feeding station. We love that though this feeding station is elevated, it’s still small enough for your Shorkie and the bowls are more wide than deep so your poor pup doesn’t have to go so deep into the bowl to get the last morsel. The bamboo is recyclable and eco-friendly and it’s a very stylish design for display. It retails for $49.00.
10. Upsky Double Dog station. This is another elevated station that is still small enough for your Shorkie to easily access but elevated for slower feeding and function. We love that this station is prepared for messes that may come with kibble dribble, as it catches on the resin lip. It’s easy to wash and care for and retails for $11.99.